Please refer to the following website for the outline of visa application procedure in Japan ;
Japan has taken measures on the visa exemption arrangements for 68 countries/regions :
Since the procedure and the time required for the visa application vary by country, please contact the Japanese Embassy or Consulate in your country for more details:
If you require a letter to assist with your visa application to enter Japan for the purpose of participating in the Yokohama event, please contact the LOC (email@example.com) with the following information:
1. Name as it appears on your passport:
2. Date of birth:
3. Age as of December 31, 2023:
5. Passport number:
6. Passport expiration date:
7. Country where the passport was issued:
8. National Federation:
9. Role (i.e. Athlete; Coach, etc.):
10. Length of Stay in Japan:
11. Accommodation during the Yokohama event:
12. Date of arrival in Japan:
13. Date of departure from Japan:
14. Email address to send invitation letter:
15. If Necessary Postal address to send invitation letter:
* please note that only those who are fully affiliated with World Triathlon and have the reason to
request an invitation letter for the WTCS Yokohama event should contact the LOC.
(2) Immigration (Quarantine) procedure
It’s strictly requested to follow the Border Measures Japan as below;
Please check the latest requirements on the above web site of Japanese Government,as it may be updated according to the situation of COVID-19 infection.
*Information as of 10 th March 2023, please check the relevant websites for the latest updates.
i) Before your departure :
- Please pre register the information required for quarantine procedures via “ Visit Japan Web
- Prepare “Valid Vaccination Certificate” or “Pre departure Test (COVID 19 Negative Test Result Certificate)”, based on the below Quarantine procedure;
|Visit Japan Web||Valid Vaccination Certificate||Pre-departure Test|
* Those who are unable to use “Visit Japan Web” must submit a Questionnaire at quarantine.
Please fill it from https://www.mhlw.go.jp/stf/covid-19/bordercontrol.html
* Those who are unable to present a valid vaccination certificate or a valid certificate of inspection will not be allowed to enter Japan, as based on Quarantine Law, and will be denied boarding the aircraft in the country of departure.
* Those entering Japan with symptoms of suspected COVID-19 infection will be tested upon arrival. Furthermore, those who test positive will be required to quarantine at a designated facility.
ii) Note for All Visitors to Japan :
Due to the increase in the number of passengers entering Japan, quarantine procedures at airports are taking time depending on the time of arrival.
* Any costs incurred due to quarantine procedures after flight arrival are the responsibility of the passenger.
iii) Important notes after entering Japan :
Please take the following countermeasures to prevent the spread of the infection.
> Wear a face mask when recommended indoors when you are talking at a distance of less than approximately 2 meters.
> Sanitize your hands thoroughly and wash your hands frequently.
> Avoid the three Cs (closed spaces, crowded places, close close-contact settings).
Mask Use (https://www.mhlw.go.jp/stf/covid-19/mask.html) More information on then use of mask can be found here.
Cabinet Secretariat web ( https://corona.go.jp/en/) Provides information on five situations that increase the risk of infection.
If you test positive or develop any symptoms such as fever after entering Japan, please contact to the LOC (firstname.lastname@example.org) immediately.